23 Jun UCLA Mindful App: Meditations for well-being
With this easy-to-use app, you can practice mindfulness meditation anywhere, anytime with the guidance of the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. Scientific research shows mindfulness can help manage stress-related physical conditions, reduce anxiety and depression, cultivate positive emotions, and help improve overall physical health and well-being.
Mindfulness is the practice of training the mind to be present through moment-to-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, body sensations and environment. Mindfulness promotes an attitude of openness, curiosity, and a willingness to be with our experience. Through regular practice, taught through this app, you can develop a meditation practice and learn to bring more mindfulness into your daily life.
This app offers:
- Basic Meditations for getting started, in both English and Spanish
- Wellness Meditations for people suffering from challenging health conditions
- Informative videos exploring how to get started, supportive meditation postures, and the science of mindfulness
- Weekly podcasts from UCLA’s Hammer Museum– a 30 minute meditation on different themes you can search for and bookmark
- A timer to meditate on your own
The Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC), is an educational and research center dedicated to fostering mindful awareness practices to promote health, well-being, and a compassionate society. It is located at the Jane and Terry Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Due to MARC’s mission of radical accessibility of mindfulness practices, this app is entirely free to the user.
Disclaimer: These meditations are for educational purposes and are not clinical treatments.